One of the great things about being a small business owner in the online world is that I get to meet other inspiring people who are doing their own thing too. The internet and social media makes it so much easier to connect with like-minded people that I wouldn’t normally get to meet.
Being my own boss can be quite alienating sometimes, I can get quite consumed with the day-to-day of running my business and some evenings I realise that the only living thing I’ve interacted with is my dog. Being able to feel part of this small community is genuinely one of the things I enjoy the most. I’m very fortunate to have met (and keep meeting) wonderful women who support and empower each other.
We get so swept up with making and promoting our businesses and products that we forget to introduce ourselves. Not just, ‘um hello, I’m Katrina’, but on a more personal level. You know, the way we usually get to know people over a coffee. Not only do we have running our own awesome businesses in common, but I’m sure we have random little “oh my gosh me too!” things we totally connect with also. So, I thought it would be fun to do a ‘20 things about me post’ so we can get to know each other a little better, tagging 3 people you’d love to get to know too.
20 things about me…
- I am obsessed with Harry Potter. The highlights of my infatuation currently include: the entire film soundtrack collection, my Pinterest board, Hermione’s wand, a Hogwarts throw and Harry’s glasses (clear lens and 3D).
- I think cinnamon is one of the world’s wonders.
- I have 3 hairstyles – wavy, messy bun or homeless.
- I only ever drink half a mug of English breakfast tea (peppermint tea I can drink a full mug without problem). At the end of the day, I usually have about 7 mugs on my desk half full of cold tea.
- I can listen to the same 6 songs on repeat for about 4 months before moving onto an altered playlist.
- I either text back freakishly quickly or about 3 days later.
- I grow weird life long infatuations with cute/kawaii things. I have furry wooden 12 inch sheep called Elvis, and a life sized Moomin and Rikllakuma. I also believe I am Molang.
- I thoroughly disliked secondary school as I was a bit of a chubby loser, luckily I became painfully cool in my twenties.
- I’m quite (very) particular about germs and like things to be in their place.
- I have large front teeth and am frequently referred to as a rabbit/beaver.
- I collect homeware. Most recently I have filled a trunk (my last feasible bit of storage) full of antique copper pans for a house that I plan to magically have in the next 10 years.
- I do 5 colours – black, white, grey, cream and beige.
- I am addicted to sugar.
- I ran the London marathon in 4 hours and 25 minutes.
- I go through phases with food. Currently I predominately eat Banana Soreen, before this, I ate 2 poached eggs and an avocado on toast everyday.
- I’m half English and half Finnish.
- I have the worst singing voice, but have the incredible talent of remembering words to any song and feel it is my duty to share this with anyone in my car.
- I have resting bitch face.
- My hair is naturally blonde and has been this long ever since I was a toddler where my Mother installed the fear that if I cut it short, she would disown me.
- I am a hermit. I love nothing more than having a cuppa in my home with a blanket on.
*Update!* The girls have completed their 20 things, check them out here: Lauren's, Sundari's and Meg's!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.